EBA Personality: Oleksandr Sakharskyy Managing Partner of international company "ARGO-Performance & Development"
Managing Partner of international company "ARGO-Performance & Development"
1. Can we start with an introduction of yourself and an overview of your company? How do you position yourselves on the market?
I am managing partner of international company "ARGO-Performance & Development " in Ukraine. Founded in Vienna in 1996, ARGO Personalentwicklung GmbH is now an international consulting brand with offices in Germany, Croatia, Ukraine (Lviv) and Hungary. The main fields of our consulting business are change processes and leadership development issues. ARGO provides consulting and training services for companies, which enable them to operate more effectively. Additional information about the company activities you can get at www.argo.at.
2. Do you have any plans for expansion? What are your growth ambitions?
We connect our prospects for growth with increasing development of Ukrainian large and mid-sized business. Under the conditions of competition, large and mid-sized enterprises will be looking for more efficient ways of using their factors of production, with a special attention to human capital, thus increasing demand for our services.
We are definitely planning to expand our business. Our ambition is to ensure our presence not only on the West Ukrainian but also on all Ukrainian market. Internationally, ARGO has plans to intensify cooperation on US market.
3. What key market drivers are positively impacting your business?
They are macroeconomic and political stability, government assistance in business development, and activity of companies with foreign capital share in Ukraine.
4. What are your top priorities for the next 12 months?
In brief, our priorities are the successful implementation of ongoing projects and the
increase of our market presence in Ukraine in general.
5. Which business sectors present the most interesting investment opportunities in today’s Western Ukrainian market?
I think these are the services sector, agriculture and alternative energy.
6. What is the most important management lesson you have learned?
At the time, the real challenge was to form a cohesive team of associates who work toward a common goal. I discovered, though, that people who interfere with your work can, to some extent, stimulate your movement to success and make you more persistent and determined.
7. Could you share your business success story?
I create my own business success story every day. I would particularly like to draw attention to individual factors which, in my opinion, are extremely important for successful business results. These key traits are sociability, persistence, the ability to set and achieve clear short-term goals, and the ability to take risks.
8. The EBA focuses its actions on 7 vectors of economic development- Corruption fighting, Court system and Land reform, Currency regulation, VAT refund activation, Customs Procedures simplification and Technical barriers to trade elimination. Which one(s) so you foresee as the most vital and why?
I believe that all these areas are very important, as they determine the quality of business environment and its competitiveness. Nevertheless, fighting corruption means fighting an aspect, that undermines all the others.
9. What in your opinion can be done to improve investment attractiveness of Ukraine?
In any case, the future investment prospects in Ukraine will chiefly depend on the quality of state management of the economy. It is necessary to depart from the practice of politicization of public economic decisions, and start supporting free enterprise, property rights and investors' interests at the state level, along with developing infrastructure.
10. How could you see the future for your sphere of activity in Western Ukraine? What are the prospects in this sphere in general? Can the infrastructure support planned growth?
As I mentioned before, the development of consulting business is closely related to the level of maturity of business environment in the country in general, and Western Ukraine in particular. The owners and management of midsize and large Ukrainian and foreign businesses on the territory of Ukraine now increasingly understand that training and consulting services provided by international consultants can assist them to enhance enterprise performance and productivity, improve their competitiveness and be practically the key driver behind business success. That explains the fact that the demand for consulting services has been constantly growing in our region in recent years. With more stability and predictability of business processes in all areas of Ukrainian economy our sphere of activity will definitely have good prospects.
11. What are your personal recommendations for anyone who wants to be successful in business?
You should believe in your success and never give up under any circumstances. You should always rely on your knowledge, never stop learning and keep on developing your expertise. You also need to be able to trust and delegate important tasks to true expert partners.